I haven’t been around because illness took me DOWN. After two rounds of antibiotics, more nasal steroids, and the joy of three days in a row without kerosene fumes I’m almost better.
Welcome to Finish-it-February, wherein I try to be frugal by focusing on finishing projects instead of starting them.
Of course, as soon as I proclaimed this on February first and my buddy Ebony said hell-yeah! (she’d suggested Frugal Febuary and I added the ‘ffing Finish It)…I came home and started a new project.
Luckily the Hedgehog bonding scarf worked up quickly with items I had and I could count it as ‘Finished’ and decide to be more mindful in the following days. After February I could easily see myself making a second one and doing a tutorial on it.
Right now I have two focuses for the first half of this month:
1.Put faces on smaller dolls.
On my small balcony you can find these heads right now…plus one more.
Top to bottom:
- Wednesday Adams via EAH Raven Queen
- Teen Titans Go Jinx via Monster High Operetta
- Groovy 70’s Diana Prince via DC Superheros Girls Wonder woman.
- (not shown) Raven via EAH Royal Faybelle
More on individual dolls later.
2. New Skirt for Romafest on February 17th. Roma Fest is the 8th annual Japanese festival highlighting Roma Music and dance. It’s my first year participating and I’ll be performing with live music….which I haven’t heard yet, that happens this week in rehearsals.
To save myself time and money, I’m altering an existing skirt I don’t wear…again, more details to follow.
wish me luck for the first half of the month. If succesfull, the second half I’ll start tackling the larger doll heads and faces: Sally, Squirrel Girl, and Melody.