While cleaning up my craft room (as part of a Mom/Craftmas is coming I’m also tackling “to do” unfinished work.
This might be my inability to avoid distraction or it might legit be reducing my clutter/ getting things prepared so that craft work can begin whenever I’m ready.
A baggie Dal I picked up recently experienced a broken knee joint when I tried to put her in her bunny outfit.
The knee joint broke off inside the thigh….wedging itself there and in the shin.
Upon further inspection i realized that this rescue Dal has forearms and shins a pinker color than her body…so she’s not new to surgery.
I had an extra knee joint from rebodying the footless Monomono/Bedhead Dal, but first I needed to remove the joint.
I took my dremel tool and carefully drilled a hole into the broken off joint. Then I screwed a smallish screw partway into that hole. I used my leather man tool to then pull the screw and joint out.
I repeated the action to the other half of the broken joint.
Then I used my extra joint to thread everything back into place.
Surgery finished, broken parts disposed of, doll ready for future modifications!