Where have I been? I’ve been doing my summer thing. I’ve made a lot of stuff, done some social things, and visited America for 12 WHOLE DAYS.
And now, with my day job lurking beyond this weekend it’s time to start catching all of you up on my projects.
First up we have a work in progress: Powerpuff Girls.
I have a ton of Disney Animators dolls so Ariel is becoming Blossom, Snow is Buttercup and Aurora will be Bubbles.
First I had to clean them and do many days outside with 10% Benxol Peroxide acne cream to remove stains.
Which brings us to hair.
I’m ok with Blossom’s hair being more red than orange but neither Ariel nor Snow have bangs.
Which meant removing heads in order to properly root some bangs in.
I had to do the same thing with Snow. I also figured there are two waysI could interpret Buttercup’s hair. It can be slick with the up wave at the ends or I could make it more of a messy curly bob as her out of place hairs and morning illustrations suggest. I’ll be going team curly. Why not? More variation.
Aurora/Bubbles. Her hair just didn’t have the right part to do ponytails AT ALL AT ALL. I’ll work at making her a wig because I am never going to reroot a whole ‘nother of these heads. I’m sewing my first large wig cap for her, as I couldn’t find a light colored 13inch doll wig cap available online in Japan and I have stretchy nude fabric in my stash.
I’ll be buying a used wig of Mercari here later to remove blond wefts from, cheaper than buying them new.
And I’ve started on Blossom’s face.
I have already drafted a pattern that’ll work for the dresses, I did that back in the early stages when I thought I’d just learn a bit more about hand sewing by using a book about sewing for dolls….ya know…that thing that lead to all these DOLLS and Repaints.
And that, my dears, is only the start of what I’ve been up to.