Over a year ago I bought two kinds of fake fur when lining and updating my vintage coat.
Last summer, when making a Gothic Emily Doll for my friend Emily I saw a capelette pattern at Yuzawaya while I was trim shopping. It looked like it’d be a great way to use up my black fake fur.
It was the Japanese version of this pattern, just the three capelettes and none of the shrugs. It was cheap as well. I figured I could draft a pattern or just buy one and whip it together when I had time.
This month I stash-busted leftovers for finish it February.
I’m putting a hook and eye closure you can’t see for now, but when I find the right dramatic closure or vintage buttons I’ll use those instead.
Tada, I’m ready to be extra!
It’s not the most extra fake fur capelette I’ve ever made…I made this and a matching purse and gave it to a friend about 10 years ago.
But, I don’t think the black capelette needs eyes…yet.
And, having a wire pet brush (for doll hair) was really helpful in brushing the seams of this coat.