Last we saw Starfire had her face painted, her body sanded, and her hair done.
Onward to clothing.
There’s not much to be said about the clothing itself. Its a miniskirt and a crop top that closes in the back. It’s shown here with the basting stitches still in.
The difficult part was dealing with Starfire’s armor. I tried first with slightly flexible air-dry polymer resin clay. As seen here. It didn’t quite seem right and the neck-piece fell off easily.
I found a tutorial on youtube to help me and decided to get fun foam/ EVA foam.
Here I am experimenting with fun foam. When attaching foam to foam I used my hot glue gun. I also used elastic, thread, and snaps to close armor around neck and arms.
Painting a dark undercoat before using my silver acrylic.
After silver paint and some “jewels” created with nailpolish.
At which point I came into possession of MOAR DOLLS.
As I’ve said, this is sort of a test run for doing a larger Starfire to be friends with my 17″ Raven doll.
Well, 17″ Starfire is now here. My friend Rea* brought it to me on one of her trips to Japan.
*She’s such a good friend that it was only after she received it at her home (I used US Ebay) and packed it and brought it to me that she told me she has a doll phobia and occasionally has to mute me on FB and elsewhere when I’m posting too many doll progress shots.
AND….I bought a future Beast Boy on Mercari for cheap.
They don’t make super tall Monster High boys, that I know of, so Beastie is gonna be small…and eventually green.
And, from the same Mercari dealer I purchased some boots for Starfire.
I primed them with a dark base coat and painted them.
But….that’s not all. Inspired by the fact I have a LOT of left over air-dry polymer resin clay I got to work making Starfire a pet AND a stand.