Because the base doll I’m using, Clawdeen from Monster High, is a werewolf character she has fur accents above her wrists and ankles.
I told myself that Starfire shoots fire so I’d just try and make those ridges look like fire.
Nope. I started but it didn’t look right.
I then used a new x-acto blade to slice off the ridges, tried a few dremel bits to smooth down the surface (if anyone has a recommendation on what sort of bits to use, I’d looooove advice) and then started to sand down the surface with 600/800/1000/4000 and 6000 grit paper.
The legs got the same treatment:
I sent a LINE message to a friend about the repetitive sanding being somewhat medatative. This is how I learned my friend has a sandpaper phobia…and that such a thing exists. Sandpaper, chalk, nailfiles.I’m not going to understand that phobia (that’s the irrational nature of phobias) but I assume those textures and the dryness probably bother a LOT of folks.
I’ll be working with the legs for a while more. Plenty of little divots and cuts I’ll need to avoid making in the future.
I’m happy that Starfire wears boots.