All my heads have working eye-gimicks.
Heads in progress;
Make-It-Own (MIO) kit Dal in Mocha*.
The kit came with everything. I’m feeling a little conflicted about the eyes I painted.
On the right eye I think the lighter hue around the iris worked, on the left I think it just looks like a blotchy iris.
I’ll see what it looks like in but I might just swap them for these.
The MIO head in progress is above.
Below the MIO is the “THERE WERE DEAD BUGS IN THE HEAD” head. That had the rudimentary eye mech but no working eyelids or blink bars. I finally located a type 2 eye mech with eyelids and blink bars.
Don’t worry, this is earlier in the face-up process. I was just testing parts. I later tested it with eyelids but forgot to take a picture.
Last is Asuka, I’d accidentally first ordered a type 3 eye mech with eyelids and blink bar…so then I just ordered a type 3 head to go with them.
When all my heads and eye-mech were in front of me I took some photos
Here’s how the eye gimick fits into the skull on a type 3. The process is the same for all heads.
The two slots below the springs are where the wink bars go. The pink/skin lever is the switch to move the eyes from side to side.
Then you screw the back of the head back on with the wink bar nubs and switch extending out of the holes in the back of the head below the wig.
Now you can close the individual eyelids and shift the gaze from side to side.
Asuka is pretty as is. I might just put her on a body, add a wig, and dress her without redoing her face.
Tomorrow is a day off and I plan to just make stuff.